Herbed Lemon Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
When it comes to comfort food that satisfies your belly and your soul, there’s nothing more enjoyable than a herbed chicken schnitzel.
- 1 lemon
- 2 of our panko crumbed Chicken Schnitzels
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 1 Pinch of paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup of herbs, parsley, rosemary, thyme, basil
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees (if using an oven), or prepare a greased hot pan for stove top cooking.
- Prepare your panko crumbed chicken schnitzels by dressing them with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Process the herbs and and leftover oil in a processor, making the herbs into a type of pesto
- Take your herb pesto and pack it around the oiled schnitzel, adding salt and pepper to season and sprinkling the paprika on top.
- Grease up a tray or add baking paper and place the schnitzels on top. Keep schnitzels in the oven for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- If you’re using a pan, cook schnitzels until golden brown on either side.
- Once schnitzels are cooked, plate items and squeeze lemon juice on top according to tastes. Serve with a salad for added nutrients and colour.